About Me

My photo
A nineteen year old with a camera in rural Norfolk. http://rosajoy.com

Thursday, 23 July 2009

My organisation obsession

is being well cared-for. At home, I drive everyone round the bend with my need for Order and Neatness. I’m not (generally) one of those who needs her pens lines up in alphabetical order, small to large, categorised by brand – but the mess in my room is a distinctly organised kind of mess. The kind of mess, I like to think, that a set designer might be asked to make for Int: Teenager’s Bedroom. A choreographed clutter. And at school, I thoroughly enjoy a free period spent organising folders. Some people just don’t see the pleasure hidden between those (newest-to-oldest, sub-topic specified, subject colour-coded) pages.

In any case, my organisation obsession is being well-cared for here. This is mostly due to the fact that E’s great aunt and uncle have left it to the relatives (and me) to organise their party.

Parties are fun. Especially the organising part. There was nothing more joyous in the world when I was younger than organising my annual Halloween party. And then, when I grew too old for that, organising them for L. But this is a bit of a bigger challenge.

Even so, I have found my niche. First, I’ve made labels for the food dishes en Anglais et Français. With pretty downloaded fonts and coloured paper.
Then, I’ve designed the table decorations around a sunflower theme. As you’re dying to know, it’s a white table cloth with a yellow runner, with yellow citronella floating candles at either end. The salt and pepper shakers may or may not have sunflowers on them, but I haven’t made up my mind yet. And the napkins are yellow or sunflower patterned. (The pattern alternates down the table, and… Yes, I’ve absolutely lost your interest.)

And now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to walk up the hill to the little church and make flower bouquets for the pews. And put vases of foliage outside the doors. In fact, I may just make a list of all the things I need to organise before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment