About Me

My photo
A nineteen year old with a camera in rural Norfolk. http://rosajoy.com

Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Red's Roses




A year ago today I turned up at a new sixth form for a second time, was given another planner, another timetable, more folders and more forms, and yet again found myself treading water in a rough sea. Most of what I remember of that day, though, is E.

A year on, there must be few people happier than I am.


This morning he left me poetry and a trail of roses (who says boys can't be romantic?), and I gave him a giant cookie (who says girls don't know what boys want?).

My beautiful bunch I left in a bucket by reception, but the other twenty slightly spindly, trampled, weather-worn stems I gave out around college.

And may you have a bloom of Red joy today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment