About Me

My photo
A nineteen year old with a camera in rural Norfolk. http://rosajoy.com

Friday, 16 April 2010

"I'm in a sad mood and I can't shift it. Can you come over?"

"Of course," she said, "I'll call when I'm on my way."

When the doorbell went, half an hour later, I assumed it was my sister's friend. When K opened my door, she didn't let me voice my surprise. "Get your wellies," she said, "Get your camera. And get in the car."

It was golden hour, and she took us to a wood I haven't been to before. We parked up on the grass verge and walked. The light was perfect.

She had a go with my Nikon.

We went barefoot because the leafy ground was dry.


We chatted about things we haven't talked about in ages and we messed around.


We climbed trees.



And I took lots and lots of photographs.







And then we drove home in the fading light, with Springsteen on loud and the sun in our eyes.
I have the best friend in the entire world.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you shifted your sad mood :).
    I'm in love with your dress by the way.
    x.

    ReplyDelete